I offer a wide variety of services within my field of expertise. All work is done in a professional and ethical manner, with effective communication made during the entire process. If my work schedule is full, proper notice will be given to potential clients before work is accepted. It’s not fair to potential clients to take work and hurriedly do it or give it less attention than it deserves.
Content can be written and edited to a variety of standards like Associated Press, Chicago, and MLA. I work with clients in the public and private sectors all around the globe.
Teaching or tutoring is done locally and can be done in my residence or at your place of work or residence. Some teaching or tutoring assignments may not be able to be accepted due to your location. Please specify where you want the training performed to determine if I can reach you. No in-person teaching or tutoring can be performed in Illinois or outside the Saint Louis region. If you live in an area outside Saint Louis and are willing to attend classes at my residence or at a mutually agreeable location in the city of Saint Louis, please tell me. I will also consider online teaching and tutoring, depending on the circumstance.
- Content development
- Blog content
- Wiki content
- Academic and internet research
- Training guides
- Informational material (for brochures, fliers, etc.)
- Creative writing
- Special projects
- Content editing: This is sectional editing with a focus on content, style, and substance. NOTE: I only do content editing on non-fictional texts.
- Line editing: This is sentence-level editing with a focus on structure, word use, and general rhythm with the purpose of making prose flow smoothly.
- Copy editing: This is editing at the component level with a focus on the correction of grammatical errors, invalid punctuation usage, and continuity issues.
- Proofreading: This is editing at the smallest level with a focus on typographical, spelling, and formatting problems.
- Condensing: This work involves taking a body of informational text, identifying the key aspects of the text, and condensing it down to a smaller body of text.
Individual and group tutoring in…
- English grammar and vocabulary
- Spanish grammar and vocabulary (beginner to intermediate)
- Creative writing
- Business writing
- Science (earth, atmospheric, astronomical)
- SAT Reasoning Test preparation
- University of Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) preparation
What I DON’T Do or Promise:
I don’t do any of the following:
- Writing of a complete university research paper
- Publication assessment of manuscripts or drafts of ANY kind
- Content editing of fictional works
- Teaching of themes outside my field of expertise
- ACT preparation
I don’t promise to do any of the following:
- Provide some sort of “magical fix” to your body of text
- Turn your work into a bestseller
- Ensure the publication of your work
- Make publishers, agents, or editors more likely to look at your work
- Turn you or your child into an instant prodigy after any or all classes are taught
- Ensure good grades for you or your child